We have a tendency in my household to buy too many fruits all at once, and we really overestimate our ability to eat fruit and find ourselves trying to eat them fast before they spoil.
This time, I had so many strawberries after we picked our own at the field in Carlsbad last weekend. Since they are organic, they were spoiling fast and I really needed to do something with them. So I washed them really well and made a strawberry salad.
Here is what I added in it:
- Strawberries or any fruit
- Few tablespoons of sugar to taste, you could also use Stevia
- A tablespoon of Rose Water
- A teaspoon of Orange Blossom Water (make sure you don’t add too much since it will be bitter)
- Mint leaves, you can also use Basil
It is really simple; I just add the ingredients together and marinate the fruits in the fridge for a few hours. I found that the mint or basil don’t really effect the taste all that much. But I sure love the extra color.
I hope this inspired you make your own fruit salad. And, that your kids will love it.
One day you will have so much fruit that you don’t know what to do with it and, you will think of me and this blog post 😀